Lodz is a city of contrasts which intrigues almost at every step. It is full of factories and, at the same time, it is very green; eclectic but also avant-garde. Lodz dazzles with the lavishness of factory owners’ palaces and astonishes with artistic installations.
Although the history of the city spans over six hundred years, the dynamic development of Lodz came a little less than 200 ago. From a small town it was in the beginning of the 19th century, it quickly became the “promised land” giving dozens of thousands of families hope for a better tomorrow. Around the city, you can find numerous traces of the multicultural working class melting pot. Lodz was such a pot up to World War II. After the war, having become the cinematic capital of Poland, it opened another important chapter of its history. In 2017 Łódź was inducted into the UNESCO Creative Cities Network and named UNESCO City of Film.
Today it is a creative city, a city of festivals, a city which is being discovered all over again. It is located in the very heart of Poland, at the crossing of two main highways – you could say that all the roads lead to… Lodz.
Founded: 14th century
Number of Higher Education Institutions: 19
Lodz, located at the heart of Poland and Europe, is a rapidly growing, one of the most important academic centres in the country. The city in which there are 19 higher education schools — 7 public and 12 non-public ones is a symbol of academic prestige, as well as an example of a perfect cooperation between higher education institutions and business. Apart from a rich educational offer, the city guarantees students a unique atmosphere, as one should remember that Lodz is dynamically growing, continuously surprises and inspires, as well as attracts new investments, more entrepreneurs and interesting people — artists, persons related to the world of film, music, fashion designers and designers.
– In Lodz, you can start your career in many international companies, among others, in: Iris Telecomunication, Harman Connected Serives, Fujitsu EMEIA Finance Services, B/S/H, Cybercom, Clariant Services, Infosys, McCormick, Amcor, UPS, Ericsson, ABB, Whirpool, Nordea Bank AB, Philips.
– Low living costs
– Location (Lodz is a city located in the very heart of Poland)
– Lodz was once the textile capital of Poland and also known as the “Manchester of Poland
– Lodz is home to Europe’s longest pedestrian street – Piotrkowska
– Lodz hosts the biggest annual Fashion Week in Poland