The Ignacy Jan Paderewski Academy of Music in Poznan was established in 1920, and bears the name of an outstanding Polish citizen, statesman, and pianist. It is one of eight academies of music (conservatories) in Poland. Lead by the Rector, currently Professor Bogumił Nowicki, the academy trains students in five faculties (see below.) It is the first school in Poland that created the Chair of Percussion, and is the only higher education institution in Poland which offers advanced studies in artistic violin-making.
Leave a Reply ·